If your bedridden, you won’t qualify for this policy.
Desjardins offers a simplified issue permanent life insurance policy called 50+ Life Insurance. The policy has no medical tests, but does have a few health questions.
If you’re a Canadian resident and can answer “No” to each of the following four health questions, you’re automatically eligible for 50+ Life Insurance:
1. Have you ever had a life, disability or health insurance application that you submitted to an insurer (including Desjardins Insurance) declined, modified, or approved with an extra premium?
2. Do any of the following situations currently apply to you? You are bedridden or confined to a wheelchair; you are hospitalized, you are staying in a convalescent home or long-term care facility, you require help, on a permanent basis, to carry out any of the following activities of daily living: eating, dressing, transferring, bathing or toileting.
3. Do any of the following situations apply to you?
In the past two years, you have received treatment, or consulted a healthcare professional, for any of the following conditions: heart attack, angina, stroke, transient ischemic attack, diabetic coma, malignant tumour, or cancer. (excluding follow-up exams)
You are currently waiting for treatments or test results (excluding follow-up exams) for any of the conditions listed above.
You have, or have been advised to have, yearly follow-up exams for a malignant tumour or cancer treated less than five years ago.
4. Do you suffer from Alzheimer’s disease, kidney failure, pulmonary emphysema, cirrhosis of the liver or an HIV infection, (AIDS virus) or have you ever been treated for any of these conditions?
The plan features include the following:
- The entire death benefit is paid, even if you die during the first two years of coverage. Many other simplified issue plans only reimburse premiums paid under the same circumstances.
- The death benefit can range from $500 to $20,000.
- Your beneficiaries will get five times the insurance amount if you die as the result of an accident before age 85.
- If a doctor confirms that your life expectancy is less than two years, you can immediately receive up to 50% of your insurance amount.
For more details on no medical life insurance options in Canada, please contact us at 1-866-899-4849.